What is Abreeze Link for MailChimp?
Abreeze Link for MailChimp is the easiest way to connect in-store purchases with your email marketing campaigns. Not using MailChimp yet? No problem! It is free and easy to use, and Abreeze Link takes care of all of the tough stuff. In two clicks, Abreeze Link sends transaction and customer information from your Clover POS to your MailChimp lists. This allows for rich segmentation by items purchased, category purchased, amount spent, and much more. Abreeze Link will bring your existing customers back for more!
Features & Benefits
- Fine-grained targeting: Segment your lists by category or product or how much they spent or how many items they bought, just to name a few!
- No duplicate information: we filter your list so your customers and transaction information is added only once
- Opt-in only: unless your customers opt into marketing, they will not be included in Abreeze Link
- Security: Abreeze Link is only accessible through your Clover account
- Information accumulates: Abreeze Link grows your list over time so you can reach customers from yesterday or last year
- All transactions synced: repeat customers' transaction history is tracked and connected with prior purchases, so the more they shop, the more data you collect
- Download and Open the Abreeze Link for MailChimp App from the Clover App Market
- Follow the prompts to log into MailChimp
- Select the list that you would like your data to be linked to and click "Submit"
- That's it
- Really, that's it. Head over to MailChimp and set up some campaigns! From here we will sync any new customer and order data to your MailChimp account at the specified interval.
- The people who made MailChimp know a lot about it, so it is worth giving MailChimp's guide to using MailChimp a read. Unless you have other email lists outside of your Clover, you can skip the importing a list step since Abreeze Link takes care of that for you.
- If you are more of a visual learner, this video is one of our favories.
- Since Abreeze Link gives you LOTS of data for segmenting, this is a good guide to segmenting your list.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm stuck in the application
When in doubt, logout and start over. The logout button is at the bottom of every page, by clicking it the application will restart!
Where do I see all of this "Data" in MailChimp?
All of the data is accesible by going to your list and then clicking on an individual email address or utilizing the segment feature to look at many at a time.
How come the time of the transactions is always 7pm?
The MailChimp system sets the time of the transaction at 7pm local time OR the time it was uploaded, if you would like the times to be the exact time of purchase, this feature is available in the Ultimate plan.
There are fewer customers in my list than bought from me, why is that?
Your customers must opt-in to marketing in order to be added to your lists. If you did not have this previously configured as an option, Abreeze Link will take care of making it an option. To insure this feature is set correctly in your Clover Station: go to Settings>Features within the Setup App and enable this.
What does "no new data" mean?
Either we have already uploaded the data or your customers are not opted-in to marketing. Once opt-in marketing is enabled, you will need to opt-in customers as you add them. There are two places to do this
- From the register app
- From the customers app
This is really cool, I wish it were available for another program....
Let us know! We are always looking to put new, cool stuff together, tell us your thoughts and we will get to work!
If you still need more help, you can always shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org